How to Negotiate with Sellers
Many books have been written about the art of negotiation. Success comes when both sides feel they have gained enough to confirm the deal.
Each deal is different, each seller is different. Your well-chosen Realtor® is invaluable at this stage and you as the buyer, and your Realtor® should be a team, acting in your best interest during the negotiation phase of home buying. Remember no Seller feels they sold too high.
- Make sure you and your Realtor® have analyzed the market correctly to give you confidence in your offer.
- Set a point above which you will not go because of this analysis and stick to it.
- Be prepared to walk away.
- Keep the negotiations business-like and free from personal and emotional variables.
- Remind yourself of the reasons why you made an offer on the particular property to begin with.
- Do not play games. Make your negotiations based in data you trust with a Realtor® you trust.