Marketing Your Home
Remodeling or Updating to sell has important goals that are different from remodeling for yourself so that you can remain in your home more conveniently.
I set these goals for sellers who want to remodel in order to sell at a higher price and in a quicker time frame:
- Understand what the return is on various remodels. To find the top renovations that pay off, read this article. Read about remodeling and updating to sell here.
- Follow the advice of your Realtor® when she/he advises you to do some updating. Realtors® understand the cost/benefits of their suggestions and balance that with conditions in your marketplace. This is another reason to choose a Realtor® carefully!
- If remodeling to sell is the advice you receive, do it at the beginning of the selling process. You only hae one chance to make that first impression!
Sell or Re-model? - Advantages & Pitfalls
The decision to sell or remodel is a personal one for you and your family to make.
Nothing spells defeats faster than an half-hearted seller who will only sell “if I can get the right price” or who wants to “test the market.” In these economic times, selling is a process that takes commitment,a full and willing participation of the seller working with a leading real estate agent with a proven track record, and a highly-developed and focused marketing campaign.
The key here is: once you do decide to sell you must position your property properly regarding condition and price. You must offer value that buyers can see immediately.
Explore Further: Cost vs Value 2010-2011: Home Renovations
What Makes A Strong Marketing Program?
FOCUS, QUALITY, DIVERSITY!
- Where is your market?
- How does your agent identify it?
- What means will your agent use to reach out to that market?
- What types of materials will be used?
- What will be done differently if the first attempts do not produce a sale?
Marketing is hard work! Be sure you know what is happening, what reports you will receive, and the overall plan to sell your property!